This is Music History Today for May 28. On this date:
* In 1940, Irving Berlin premiered his musical Louisiana Purchase.
* In 1983, the second US Festival weekend put together by Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak started. Among the lineup for the weekend was INXS, U2, David Bowie, and the Clash.
* In 2007, the Police started their reunion tour.
* In 1973, Ronnie Lane left the Faces.
* In 1957, the National Academy of Recording Arts and Scientists was founded.
* In 1996, Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode almost overdoses but is saved by medical staff.
* In 1966, Ike and Tina Turner released River Deep, Mountain High.
Born on this date:
* Kylie Minogue
* John Fogerty
* Roland Gift of Fine Young Cannibals
* Wendy O. Williams of the Plasmatics
* Gladys Knight
* Billy Vera of Billy Vera and the Beaters
* Bluesman T-Bone Walker
* Colbie Caillat
* Mark Feehily of Westlife