This is Music History Today for November 8. On this date:
* In 1887, Emile Berliner got the first patent for the gramophone.
* In 1971, Led Zeppelin released the classic album Led Zeppelin IV.
* In 1968, Diana Ross left the Supremes.
* In 2002, Eminem’s movie 8 Mile was released.
* In 1928, the Gershwin Brothers’s musical Treasure Girl premiered.
* In 1990, Chris Isaak’s song with the steamy video Wicked Game was released.
* In 1932, Oscar Hammerstein & Jerome Kern’s musical Music in the Air premiered on Broadway.
Born on this date:
* Rickie Lee Jones
* Bonnie Raitt
* Minnie Riperton
* Patti Page
* Roy Wood of Electric Light Orchestra
* Don Murray of the Turtles
* Bonnie Bramlett of Delaney & Bonnie
* Johnny Perez of the Sir Douglas Quintet
* Lauren Alaina of American Idol fame.
* country singer Bucky Covington
* reggae singer Diana King
* 70s teen idol Leif Garrett