This is Music History Today for November 9. On this date:
* In 1967, Rolling Stone magazine came out with its first issue.
* In 1845, the New York Symphony Orchestra performed for the first time.
* In 1854, classical composer Franz Liszt premiered the composition Fest-Long.
* In 1961, Brian Epstein watched the Beatles perform for the first time at the Cavern Club.
* In 1966, John Lennon met Yoko Ono for the first time at an art exposition.
* In 2002 hit #8 on Billboard’s singles chart. It was her 35th top 10 single, breaking the Beatles’s record for most career top 10 singles.
* In 2006, David Bowie gave what turned out to be his final performance, when he performed with Alicia Keys at a charity event.
* In 1993, the Wu-Tang Clan released their debut album.
Born on this date:
* singer / actress Dorothy Dandridge
* Tom Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival
* Mary Travers of Peter, Paul, & Mary
* Sisqo of Dru Hill
* Nick Lachey of 98 Degrees
* rapper Scarface of the Geto Boys
* rapper Pepa of Salt N Pepa
* Joe Bauchard of Blue Oyster Cult
* Roger McGough of the Scaffold
* Alan Gratzer of REO Speedwagon
* rapper Joe C, Kid Rock’s sidekick
* singer Benny Mardones
* Phil May of the Pretty Things
* Lee Graziano of the American Breed
* Dennis Provisor of the Grass Roots
* Dennis Stratton of Iron Maiden
* Tommy Caldwell of the Marshall Tucker Band